Friends of Downtown
Support the ongoing revitalization of YOUR downtown. Become a Friend by donating today!
Helps us meet our campaign goal of $11,000 before the end of the year. Donate $60 or more and get a free Oregon’s Hometown T-Shirt and a “I am a friend of #downtownoregoncity” decal!* (Click here to see colors and styles.)
*While supplies last. Note, t-shirts must be picked up in the Downtown Oregon City Association office. If you prefer your free t-shirt to be shipped, we request that you donate $5 more to help cover the cost of shipping.
About the Downtown Oregon City Association
Formed in 2009 as Main Street Oregon City, the Downtown Oregon City Association (DOCA) is an award-winning 501c(3) charitable non-profit organization focused on the revitalization of Oregon City’s 172-year-old downtown. DOCA is supported by a 13-member volunteer board of directors, five volunteer committees, over 150 annual volunteers, and four staff members working on a broad cross-section of projects; all designed to support a more vibrant community, preserve and restore Oregon City’s historic civic center, and enhance the economic opportunity of Oregon City’s citizens and entrepreneurs.
Four Point Approach
As a nationally accredited Main Street® organization, DOCA subscribes to a four-point approach that is employed by over 1,500 successful United States community revitalization organizations.
Promotions, Marketing and Tourism
- Oregon City’s most prominent and favorite community events including the Oregon City Antique Fair and Vintage Market, First City Celebration, Cruise to Downtown Oregon City Car Show, and Oregon Trail™ Game 5k — Downtown’s civic events bring over 20,000 people per year. The Oregon Trail™ Game 5k, alone, had participants from twenty states and Canada.
- Ongoing social media, tourism, and event related marketing — DOCA staff collaborate with local and regional publications and support the region’s tourism outreach efforts.
- Seasonal campaigns including Snowflake Raffle, Small Business Saturday, Halloween and others.
Design and Beautification
- Quarterly volunteer cleanups.
- Nationally recognized public art program that included a 1-year video art installation on the elevator.
- Technical support for business and property owners to improve their facades.
- Advocacy for the preservation of downtown’s historic buildings and architecture.
Economic Enhancement and Research
- Recruitment of businesses that reinforce Oregon City’s unique character and public need.
- Support for existing businesses to adapt to shifting demographics including one-on-one consultation and educational seminars.
- Projects that improve access to parking, develop mixed-use housing, and that support the future integration of the Willamette Falls Legacy Project.
- Forming partnerships that help incentivize public and private investment.
Community Supported & Financially Responsible
- Hundreds have provided input at annual visioning sessions and via community surveys.
- DOCA receives funding from a diversity of sources including grants, an economic improvement district, business and community members, fundraising, events, and sponsorships.
Your Contribution Helps Oregon City Embrace the Future
DOCA’s efforts are continuously evolving and our goals on behalf of downtown are ambitious. Your contribution helps us achieve today’s necessary work and will help us work toward our shared vision.
If you want to pay by cash or check, download this form and return to the Downtown Oregon City Association office.